Meet the NASH Advertising Coordinator Deborah Landowne, CCH, RSHom(NA)
and accept her invitation:
I have a Special Invitation to offer for our members!
Classified advertising is now available for you in The American Homeopath! This is a benefit offered only to members.
Help support NASH and get the word out about your small business, for as little as $30. If you offer mentoring, continuing education, consulting services, products, or just want to network and get the word out about your practice for referrals, classified ads are the way to go!
Display ads are also available with rates starting at just $225 for black and white. Plus, members are entitled to special discounts! Opportunities for 4 color ads are limited, with only one spot left for this year, so don’t delay!
The 2015 issue of The American Homeopath will be published this winter and copies continue to be sold for years afterwards. This means your ad will continue to work for you in 2016 and beyond.
Please consider classified advertising with the journal of NASH. Thanks to the support of our advertisers, NASH continues to do important work for our members and the homeopathic community in North America.
Click the link for our online Rate Card, with prices, deadlines and sizes.
We are looking forward to another excellent issue and would be grateful to have you, our members, be involved and represented. Thanks for your support!
For more information about advertising in The American Homeopath please contact me:
Disclaimer: The content of these telecasts does not necessarily reflect the views of the Board of the North American Society of Homeopaths. The information presented in these telecasts is for general informational purposes only. While we endeavor to provide accurate and up-to-date information, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of the information provided. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. The information provided should not be used as a substitute for advice from your personal health care practitioner.
A New Member Benefit!
Archibel has announced discounts for all NASH members for RadarOpus. Click here to see what incredible values you are eligible for because you are a member of NASH.
All Registered members are required to complete 20 CEU’s at the time of your renewal date. For a complete list of what can be used for CEU’s, click here. The CEU’s need to occur within the most current year of your membership.
SEND IN YOUR COMMENTS TO THE FDA BEFORE AUGUST 21ST
The US Food and Drug Administration HAS announced a 60 day extension for the submission of public comments on 80 FR 16327. The new deadline is August 21, 2015. This notice was published in the Federal Register on 06/10/2015 and available online at http://federalregister.gov/a/2015-14143.
As you know, FDA’s two-day public hearing to gather information about the current use of products labeled as homeopathic took place in late April.
The hearing focused specifically on FDA regulations of and labeling requirements for OTC homeopathic medicines.
This hearing was not held to discuss the efficacy of homeopathy, the ability of individuals to practice homeopathy or to consider the removal of homeopathic remedies from the retail market.
But, FDA panelists posed several questions about:
• Consumer attitudes about homeopathy;
• Whether or not consumers have enough information to make informed decisions about purchasing homeopathic products over the counter (OTC);
• And whether there is confusion at store shelves with placement of homeopathic medicines next to non-homeopathic medicines.
Now You Can Help
The public hearing was the first phase of information gathering for FDA. The next phase of information gathering is a public comment period – which is now open and will remain open through August 21, 2015.
YOUR assistance at this time will be invaluable!
Help us get the following messages to the FDA:
• Consumers have positive attitudes about access to over-the-counter homeopathic medicines;
• Consumers ARE able to make informed decisions about purchasing homeopathic products vs traditional OTC medications;
• Consumers want to find the right medicine for their symptoms in the appropriate category area of the store.
We encourage everyone who uses homeopathic products to take 5 minutes to submit comments to the FDA about:
• YOUR own personal position and viewpoint regarding homeopathy;
• YOUR understanding and practical knowledge regarding purchasing decisions of OTC homeopathic products.
Guidance for Submitting Comments to the FDA
1. The most effective, meaningful comments will address:
• YOUR attitudes about homeopathy and/or
• YOUR experiences making decisions about purchasing OTC homeopathic products.
Why? Because THOSE TOPICS are what FDA is interested in gathering more information about.
2. Many, many people have amazing stories to tell about how well homeopathy worked for them. For the purposes of this public comment period, those stories are going to be most meaningful when they focus on using homeopathy for common ailments that can be self-diagnosed and treated at home (like colds, allergies, headaches, minor injuries, etc.) rather than chronic or diagnosed-based conditions. Again, FDA is most interested in hearing about consumer attitudes towards and making decisions about purchasing homeopathic products in stores. Please try to limit your comments to these topics.
3. Pay attention to the length of your comments. Try to submit comments that are neither too short nor too long. For example, a comment with only a few words (like “I have no problems deciding which OTC homeopathic products to buy.”) is not really meaningful to those at FDA without some context (like an example of a purchase of an OTC homeopathic purchase that you made) for those at FDA to understand the circumstances of the decision making process. On the other hand, comments that run for pages and pages without really addressing FDA’s questions (or are tedious to read) will not be helpful to FDA’s goal of understanding consumer attitudes and experiences. So how long is just right? Just make sure your comment tells your story so that the FDA reps reading it will understand your experience. (But, if you’d like a little more guidance, we believe that comments between 300-600 words are probably going to be the most valuable.) And be sure to proofread before hitting submit!
4. Finally, remember to keep comments respectful and constructive. (Unfortunately, we have discovered that some individuals in the homeopathic community have sent very negative, disrespectful messages to FDA representatives about the hearing. We request that community members refrain from making any comments that are not respectful and constructive.)
The North American Society of Homeopaths (NASH) is dedicated to promoting, representing and serving as the voice of all professional homeopaths in North America. NASH aims to develop and uphold the highest level of excellence in homeopathic practice while enhancing the role of the homeopathic profession as an integral part of health care delivery.
Manfred, Tanya, Sarah, Julie, Anna, Laura, Myra and Carleen