North American Society of Homeopaths has made a careful review of the professional liability insurance policy available to professional homeopaths in the US. After consulting with experts we have discovered that the coverages of these policies are wanting.
NASH is proud to announce that we have teamed up with Huntington Insurance Inc. to offer our Registered Members a Professional Liability Insurance Plan designed specifically for homeopaths.
The policy includes these important coverages:
– $1 million of Bodily Injury coverage
– Claims-made coverage of Acts, Errors, or Omissions
– Defense for claims that are Groundless, False, or Fraudulent
– Payment for all costs assessed against the Named Insured in a suit defended
– Appeal Bonds
– Attorney Fees, Costs, and Expenses from the investigation of claims
– General Liability as well as Computer Information Security and Privacy coverage endorsements can be added to your insurance policy.
The coverage can be purchased on line from the NASH web site. Registered members can use the easy quoting process, easy credit card payment, and issuance of the policy. Policy is exclusively available to all US and Canadian Registered NASH members who are in good standing. Policy premiums start at $125 per year. Registered members are able to purchase insurance by logging into their account on homeopathy.org. Member Login
We encourage you to read about common insurance terms and the types of policies generally offered in the US for businesses and individuals at https://homeopathy.org/nash-members/insurance-definitions/
It is important to understand what the different policies cover. One should research and understand the coverage they need or require before purchasing any product. It is important to remember that insurance agents sell policies and may not understand what coverage is best suited for your needs. When in doubt it may be necessary to seek legal guidance to understand the differences between policies. This is provided for information only. NASH does not recommend any type of policy, agent, or company.